five uglorable animal babies and mothers

It’s only a little over a month away until Mother’s Day! (My mother reads this, and as I’ve never done anything for the holiday aside from intentionally try to forget it was Mother’s Day, I’m sure she’ll be shocked to know that I know when Mother’s Day is!) I thought I would start collecting some pictures of mothers with their uglorababies, but already I’m finding it difficult not to just post what I’ve found! These pictures are so cute!

“Kisses!” by Lisa Dugger

“Mother bison and calf” by Tambako

“Red-knobbed coot with chick” by Coyotos

“Giant anteater and baby” by Douglas Fisher

“Tapirs.jPG” by Paul Huber

Now I’m going to have to find some more pictures!

6 comments ↓

#1 Mom on 04.09.08 at 4:19 pm

Now it’s clear. He knows–he just doesn’t care.

The coot is too cute!!!!!

#2 Emi on 04.23.08 at 1:15 am

Uh, oddly enough the hippo family thing is from here: http://www.lexlrf.org/hippo/index.html

#3 Mom on 04.23.08 at 1:01 pm

My first contacts with Japanese people were through a 4-H exchange program first with LABO and later with LEX, also known in Japan as Hippo Family Club. (!??) Yikes. That was 30 years ago. We kept in touch with one chaperone and she shared some of the materials with us. There was a series of cassettes and books with little stories for Japanese children to act out as a way to learn English. We had one called “What Am I?” that featured little hippo traveling around asking all the different animals if he was one of them, etc.

Dang. Now one of the hippo songs is playing in my head too.

#4 Happy Mother’s Day! | Uglorable! on 05.12.08 at 4:05 am

[...] If you’d like to see more mother/baby pairs this Mother’s Day, there are five more pairs in this recent post! [...]

#5 Sleeping hippos | Uglorable! on 05.24.08 at 7:25 pm

[...] featured a picture by Tambako before in a post that also happened to have a picture of a baby hippo with its [...]

#6 Eve on 05.30.08 at 8:35 am

Those are amazingly sweet!